Statement of Aims
The Iran Heritage Foundation is a non-political UK-registered charity founded in 1995 to protect and promote Iranian cultural heritage. It is concerned with the history, language and culture of Iran and the Persianate world from early times to the present day. The objectives of the foundation are pursued by encouraging and supporting top quality research and activities connected with Iranian cultural heritage.
Award of Grants
Grants are awarded annually by two committees that sit towards the end of the year and give grants for work in the following calendar year. There are committees dealing with (i) Academic Research and Activities, and (ii) Contemporary Art, Exhibition and Culture. Only activities connected with Iran or Iranian cultural heritage will be considered.
Applicants should note:
Applicants should note:
- IHF does not sponsor university tuition fees, student living expenses or PhD write-up
- IHF does not award grant for publications.
- Grant recipients must have a bank account in the UK.
- Grants that are payable in any other country will not be considered until further notice.
- Grant funds are paid to the grant recipient only and not to a third party.
- Grants awarded will stay on IHF’s books for one year only and will not be carried over to the following year. Please apply for grant if you can finalize your project within the year the grant has been awarded.
- Successful applicants will be required to submit regular reports and accounts.
- Recipients of grants will be required to make formal and prominent acknowledgement of all support received from IHF.
Grants for Academic Research Activities
The Foundation will consider applications to support academic projects concerned with any brand of Iranian studies. The subjects covered include art and archaeology, architecture, history and language. Grants may be available for research, travel, conferences and workshops. Grants may be in the range of 500 – 3000 GBP.
Grants for Contemporary Iranian Art
The foundation will consider applications to support projects connected with contemporary art, photography, theatre, film, music and exhibitions. Grants may be in the range of 500 – 5000 GBP.
Applications for grants for 2018 will open in August 2017. Please read the notes below carefully before completing the form. Please also refer to the Terms and Conditions of the grant, click here.
- Download the application form from the bottom of this page.
- Email the completed application form to firstname.lastname@example.org as an Adobe Acrobat .pdf file.
- References should be sent independently by referees, which must be received by the closing date for applications on 31st October 2017. Referees should be acquainted with the candidate and his/her work and in the case of scholarly research, should be senior academics. References must be typed on the headed paper of the institution, and sent by email as .pdf files directly from the referee’s official work email. References emailed from personal or free accounts will not be accepted. Members of the Advisory Committee of IHF cannot be referees.
For ‘Academic Grants’ – download the application form here.
For 'Contemporary Iranian Arts’ – download the application form here.